Our goal at Brooklyn Minds is to use the lowest dose of medication necessary and the fewest medications possible. We often help people come off medications that are no longer necessary.
Good Psychiatric Management
- We believe that every session should contain therapeutic components, such as recommendations regarding sleep, diet and complementary therapies.
Therapy and Medication Management
- Sometimes the same provider will provide medication management and regular therapy.
- We will collaborate with outside therapists and/or therapists within our own practice if it makes sense clinically.
- Medication management visits usually occur every month or every few months and are typically 30-45 minutes in length whereas individual therapy is usually at least once per every 1-2 weeks.
- When clinically indicated, we provide testing that can help determine which medications may be a better fit for a person's genetic makeup. We have expertise in interpreting these tests in a larger clinical context.
In-Network with Cigna