Mentalization Based Treatment Group (MBT-G)
- MBT Group is designed to help individuals understand misunderstandings. Cultivating curiosity about one’s own mind and the minds of others is the goal. Think of of it like going to a group exercise class, but for your brain.
- Individuals struggling with interpersonal and relational issues. No experience with MBT is necessary.
We offer several different MBT groups: A young adult group during the day, a general adult group in the evening, an adolescent group, and a group focused on romantic/interpersonal relationships. See below for descriptions.
Mentalizing Relationships (aka “How to be an emotional ninja”)
- This group focuses on the interpersonal difficulties we all have when navigating relationships. Do you find yourself repeating past relationship patterns, confused when dating (why didn’t he/she text?!), or anxious about the state of your relationship? If the answer is yes, this group may be for you!
- Adults who are struggling navigating relationships - committed relationships, dating, interpersonal relationships etc.
Mentalization Based Treatment - Adolescents
- Do you find that navigating family and peer relationships is difficult for you? Do other people seem to have an easier time creating and maintaining relationships with their family members and friends? Maybe you simply cannot move on from an argument with someone important to you. This group focuses on navigating some of the most important relationships in your life.
- Adolescents who are struggling in familial relationships, having a difficult time adjusting to divorce, separations, new siblings, etc.
- This group is for people who identify as LGBTQ+, polyamorous, non-monogamous, or engage in non-traditional relationship structures, BDSM/Kink, and those who are involved in (broadly defined) sex work. The focus will be on issues surrounding being sex positive and allowing for safe discussion of sensitive subjects.
- Adults who identify as one or more of the above named subgroups within the sex positive community.
"Mind The Gap"
- This group is dedicated to those who are struggling with an intentional or unintentional transitional period. This can be considered transitions in job, education, relationships, housing, etc. Members will discuss the emotional/physical struggles and successes in their transitional period.
- Young adults who are currently engaged in a "gap year" in their education.
Level Up MBT Group
- Do you find yourself having difficulty in social situations, unclear as to how others experience you, confused as to what to say or not say, trouble finding others who share your same interests or avoid social interactions all together? If the answer is yes, then this group may be for you! This group focuses on helping people gain skills needed to navigate those uncomfortable feelings some of us experience in groups, social situations, and relationships.
- Adults who find social interactions and relationships difficult.